Basically, the design of the Arduino Uno CNC 3D Printer Shield v3 makes it possible to fit the entire electronics needed for a CNC or 3D Printer in one small package for low cost. Hence, Arduino CNC Shield V3 interfaces an Arduino UNO to simply connect stepper motors. Also, the modular design includes an extruder control electronics on an Arduino UNO shield for easy service. Furthermore, it eases part replacement, upgrade-ability, and expansion.
Arduino UNO CNC 3D Printer Shield v3 Features
- GRBL 0.8c compatible. (Open source firmware that runs on an Arduino UNO that turns G-code commands into stepper signals https://github.com/grbl/grbl)
- 4-Axis support (X, Y, Z , A-Can duplicate X,Y,Z or do a full 4th axis with custom firmware using pins D12 and D13)
- 2 x End stops for each axis (hence, 6 in total)
- Spindle enable and direction
- Coolant enable
- Uses removable Pololu A4988 compatible stepper drivers. (A4988, DRV8825 and others)
- Jumpers to set the Micro-Stepping for the stepper drivers. (Some drivers like the DRV8825 can do up to 1/32 micro-stepping )
- Compact design.
- Stepper Motors can be connected with 4 pin molex connectors.
- Runs on 12-36V DC. (At the moment only the Pololu DRV8825 drivers can handle up to 36V so please consider the operation voltage when powering the board.)