TCRT5000L Photoelectric Reflection Module sensor is often used in line following robots, auto data logging on utility meters, because this module can sense if a surface is white or black.
The measuring distance ranges from 1mm to 8mm, and the central point is about 2.5mm. There is also an on-board potentiometer to adjust the sensitivity.
Basically, the infrared diode will emit the infrared continuously when the module connects to the power. Accordingly, when the emitted infrared light is not reflected or the strength is not big enough, the triode will be off, at this time, D0 output logic LOW and the signal indicator LED off.
TCRT5000L Photoelectric Reflection Module Features
- Supply Voltage: 3.3V~5V
- Detect distance: 1mm-8mm
- Digital Outputs HIGH when the sensor detects objects or white lines
- On-board indicator LED to show the results
- On-board potentiometer to adjust the sensitivity
- Utilizing LM393 chip
TCRT5000L Photoelectric Reflection Module Applications
- Position sensor for shaft encoder
- Detection of reflective material such as paper, IBM cards, magnetic tapes etc.
- Limit switch for mechanical motions in CNC and similar applications
- Line follower robots and micro robots
- General purpose – wherever the space is limited