Firstly, to install the TEC1-12706 Thermoelectric Peltier Cooler module, first, you should clean the both sides of the TEC1 module, and daub the both sides with a layer of heat conducting silicon resin. For the heatsink, which will contact the TEC1 module’s hot side, should be smooth and clean. Then daubed with a layer of heat conducting silicon resin too. The hot side should have a good and direct contact with the heat sink.
In order to get a better cooling effect, you can connect the TEC1 module’s cold side to a metal plate or another heat sink but this time, it will be a cooling sink.
Generally, the TEC1-12706 Thermoelectric Peltier Cooler red wire symbolizes the positive polarity, and the black wire stands for the negative polarity, accordingly, when you use it, just connect the red wire to the positive polarity of the power supply and the black wire to the negative polarity.
Although, if you keep one side of the TEC1-12706 cold, while heat the other side this will generate electricity, still, we recommend using the TEC1-27145 SP1848 Power Generation Peltier.
TEC1-12706 Thermoelectric Peltier Cooler Specifications
- Model: TEC1-12706
- Size: 40mm x 40mm x 4mm
- Operates from 0~15.2V DC and 0~6A, in a good condition with a heat sink attached to the hot side, current will rise to 4A.
- 1.7 Ohm resistance
- Operates Temperature: -30℃ to 70℃
- Max power consumption: 60 Watts
- These devices must be used together with a heat sink to avoid being burned in 2 seconds after power up
- Each device is full inspected and tested
- Fitted with 6-inch insulated leads
- The side with writings is the cooling side, and the other side is the hot side.